The global search finds entities containing the search term in their name or aliases. It is:
- Not case sensitive, e.g. aDa lovelacE will find Ada Lovelace
- Full text, e.g. da Love will find Ada Lovelace
- Unaccented, e.g. Lovē will find Love and vice-versa
- You can use % as a placeholder, e.g. Ada L%ce will find Ada Lovelace
After clicking on the search button in the top right you will be redirected to a result page where more options are available:
- Only entities edited by me - show only entities which you have created or edited.
- Also search in description
- Classes - search only in selected classes, e.g. Place
- This filter is only active if at least the from or to year is filled out.
- If only a year is provide the from date will be YYYY-01-01, the to date will be YYYY-12-31
- If only a year and a month is provided it will be the last of this month.
- If the option Include dateless entities is checked, entities without dates will be found too.
Because entities can have up to 4 date values (time span for begin and time span for end) they will be added to the result if at least one date meets the criteria. E.g. a person that lived from 1540 to 1560 will be found when the from year value is 1550.