Types are used to add information or group entities. They are hierarchical and can be accessed and edited via the Types Menu item. With this feature the model and user interface can be adapted for specific research interests.
- You can checked untyped entities at the type overview with clicking the show link
- Type descriptions are shown in forms as a mouse over text at the i icon
Standard types are already present in the default installation with a few examples.
- Cannot be deleted or renamed (but subtypes of them can)
- Are single select only
- In forms they appear with a Type label
- Are displayed in entity tables
Custom types can be created, deleted and renamed. The default installation comes with one example custom type Sex which is used for actor.
- Can be set to allow single or multiple choices (once multiple can’t be revert to single later)
- Can be used for multiple classes, e.g. a hierarchy “importance” for places, actors and groups
Value types can be created, deleted and renamed. The default installation comes with an example value type Dimensions with the sub types Height and Weight which are used in the form for artifacts.
- Can be used for multiple classes
- Values can be entered as decimals in forms