Types are used to add information or group entities. They are hierarchical and can be accessed and edited via the Types menu item. With this feature the model and user interface (forms) can be adapted for specific research interests.
- Type names can’t include round brackets
- Type descriptions are shown in forms as a mouser over text at the i icon
Standard types are already present in the default installation with a few examples.
- Cannot be deleted or renamed (but subtypes of them can)
- Are single select only
- In forms they appear with a Type label
- Are displayed in entity tables
Custom types can be created, deleted and renamed, e.g. you can add a new typ “hair color” for persons. The default installation comes with one example custom type Sex which is used in actor forms.
- Can be set to allow single or multiple choices (once multiple can’t be revert to single later)
- Can be used for multiple forms, e.g. a hierarchy “importance” for places, actors and groups
Value types can be created, deleted and renamed. The default installation comes with an example value type Dimensions with the subtypes Height and Weight which are used in the form for finds.
- Can be used for multiple forms
- Values can be entered as decimals in forms